Friday, April 20, 2007

Fearful Friday

Today's blog challenge is to talk about a fearful time. Some of the other girls playing along have had some really scary moments. I can't really recall any really scary things that happened to me. Maybe there weren't any or maybe I've just supressed them.

When I was little, I would have recurring scary dreams that I would actually scream out loud to and my mom or dad would come in to check on me! There are 2 that I remember pretty vividly.

As a child, I used to poke at the screen in one of my bedroom windows. My mom would tell me repeatedly to stop doing that or else I could poke a hole in them and bugs and stuff could get in my room. As a result of this, I had the same dream several times: I would awake at night and there would be bats flying around the head of my bed!! That was scary!! I'd wake up screaming!!

The house that I lived in up until the end of 4th grade was an older house. The cellar was pretty creepy. It was old and cement and there was this crawl space up towards the ceiling at the bottom of the steps. That area really creeped me out. I didn't like to go down there by myself. I had these recurring dreams that an older man would make me go buy his lottery tickets. I was always in charge of picking the numbers. Of course, I would never pick the winning numbers. He was down in the cellar, I had to go down and tell him that he didn't win. He would get mad and he had this really scary deep voice. He would yell at me for not picking the right numbers. I would try to run away from him, trying to run up the stairs and it was sort of like a Flintstones moment, I would try to run, my legs were going, but I wasn't moving. I'd be yelling for someone and they couldn't hear me, then I'd wake up.

Odd, yes!! I have no idea where these dreams came from! LOL Very strange! But, they were super scary as a kid!

5 comments:

Patrice~ said...

I remember having very unsettling dreams as a little one. It is scary to have a dream about creepy places and people - yuk!!

Shandy said...

lady! this is freaky! i'm scared just reading about the scary man in the cellar!! LOL. seriously!

Anonymous said...

isn't it creepy how we have dreams like that? i always wonder what makes us dream weird things!

Lisa said...

Poor you....I had wild scary dreams as a kid too! Wait...I STILL do...I just will myself awake now!

Marieke said...

Oh my, you've just brought back the memory of one very scary dream I had as a child for 6 nights in a row. The same dream over and over and over...