Thursday, May 31, 2007
We had a really fun time. It's always so hard getting together with them these days because of the kids. We are the only couple in our 3 couple group that have kids. But, that is not for long! Sheri is about 5 1/2 months pregnant and due the end of Sept/beginning of Oct. We're so happy for them. Also happy that now they'll know how we feel when they get called at 2pm to go out at 8pm that day and you have no place for the kiddies to go and have to miss out! Bwahahahahahaaaa!!!
There were a lot of people there and a lot of kids. Our other friends brought their little moonbounce for the kids to play in. What fun they had on that! We may need one of those!! Macy pretty much did her own thing the entire day. We had to wander after Jack. Many times he could be found in the kitchen raiding the watermelon and canteloupe!
Food! Wow, was there ever a bunch of food!! Everything you could imagine! Quite the spread. We took hoagie dip. I was so full but had to try every new food that arrived!! Macy had about 5 plates of dessert! YIKES!
It was a really fun day but very exhausting! It was about 90 degrees! We came home, got the kids bathed and in bed and I was even in bed at 9pm. That is pretty much unheard of for me! I fell asleep around 10 and got up at 9am Tuesday morning feeling refreshed!!
Here are pics of
Spike and Sheri
Sean and Chris
Me and Chris
Wednesday, May 30, 2007
Check out this cute pillow I made using the inkjet organza fabric and some Twinkling H2O's! The flower is actually a picture of a flower from my backyard!!
For a little laugh, here is a little dance especially for you!!! Thanks Angie for the cool link!!My Lollapalooza.com dance
Also gotta throw in a happy 29th birthday to my brother!! Gosh, I can't believe he is that old already. That means I am even older! ACK!
Sunday, May 27, 2007
Friday, May 25, 2007
Don't they just look so cute in their new suits? I still need to get them each at least one more. I bought these 2 several months ago at Hartstrings. I love them! I just love little boys in orange!
If I ever figure out how to get the pictures organized nicely in Blogger, I think I'll faint! Sorry for the haphazardness!
We've got a busy weekend here. It's the season of birthdays again! One of the boys from Macy's preschool class is having his party tomorrow at a kid gym. Sunday, the boy neighbor across the street is having his 7th bday party at the bowling alley. Then, next Saturday is my Aunt's 50th bday. We are having a surprise party for her. Sunday is Macy's bday and party! I still do not know what I am getting for her! She has everything already, so it probably won't be much! We usually go to an amusement park right around that day too, probably the following weekend.
The blog challenge today is to list 5 things that you want to do or have done in your lifetime.
Hmmmm . . .
1. I would love to win the lottery, but that is impossible since I don't play it, besides the scratch offs once in awhile.
2. Return to Jamaica for a second honeymoon. We are hoping to do that for our 10th anniversary in 2 years, so we'll see!
3. Go to Paris. I am part French, my Great Grandfather came over from France. I will probably never do this though, unless I am tranquilized. I am not a fan of flying for that long!
4. Get in shape and stay that way!
5. Have grandchildren and great grandchildren and spoil them rotten!
Have a great weekend!
Thursday, May 24, 2007
The afternoon classes did their program at 10:30. Macy was at the head of the procession! Somehow I knew she would be! She is the most outgoing little almost 5 year old there is! So social! Here she is with one of her teachers, Mrs. Kolb.
Onto another subject, yesterday's blog challenge was to tell about your first date with your husband.
Tuesday, May 22, 2007
Saturday, May 19, 2007
Friday, May 18, 2007
Lisa always comes up with some great challenges, real thinkers, and of course I can never think of an answer!
This one is another "Macy moment". We got dressed for the day, she is doing her little flitting around with her hair and her outfit. She then turned to me and asked me "does my butt look big in this?" Hmmm, apparently I must ask that often!
Speaking of butts, I finally got this big one to the gym!! I met with a trainer today to get me aquainted with the equipment and develop my program for me. My butt is feeling fine but my arms are like Jello! No upper body strength here! It feels good though and I am looking forward to getting back in shape and back to my prepregnancy weight!
Wednesday, May 16, 2007
2. I also twitch when I see someone's tag hanging out of their shirt! It bothers me so bad that I have, on occasion, gone up and tucked in strangers tags. The really bad thing is if I realize that I have a tag out! ACK!!! I check several times a day, but you never know when one will pop out!
3. The proper way to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich is to lay the bread out side by side (making sure that the sides will match up), spread a nice layer of peanut butter on the bread on the right and a nice layer of jelly on the left side. Under no circumstances do you just put a glob of jelly ON TOP of the peanut butter!!!
4. Corn on the cob must be eaten from left to right! Not right to left, not around the cob!
5. I must have double jointed shoulders, I can put my hands on my waist and twist my elbow around in front of me and make them touch. It's really quite odd!
6. I must have clean feet before going to bed! I get a bath at night, just the thought of having all the days dirt on me when I go to bed just grosses me out! If by chance I cannot get a bath, I will still wash my feet! My sheets must also be tucked in at the bottom of the bed "just so" or I cannot sleep!
7. I have to drive everywhere. I get terribly car sick! I have been known to get car sick when I drive myself too! I cannot ride on merry go rounds or ferris wheels or anything that has any type of circle. Which, sadly, leaves out most of the cool new roller coasters. I love roller coasters, but can only go on the old ones because of this. :(
I could come up with many more, but I think that'll do ya for now!
Monday, May 14, 2007
Thursday, May 10, 2007
Tuesday, May 8, 2007
Monday, May 7, 2007
NSD was this past Saturday, May 5th. While I did nothing scrappy at all on that day, I did have a blast the night before!
Friday night, we had our GNO (girl's night out). My friends Tracy, Mimi, Mary and I get together for a fun time every 6 weeks or so. We used to crop at one of our houses but lately we found that it's much more fun shopping and eating out!
There is a store in Hershey, PA that was having 30% off your total bill all weekend. What scrapaholic could pass that up? So, we hopped in the van on Friday evening, after the hubbies got home, and headed on up to Hershey! It's an hour ride, so you can imagine all the giggling and silliness going on during that time. We also had some guy in a pickup truck hot on our tail for a mile or two. It was like being in high school again! Luckily he turned the opposite way at an off ramp! Getting too old for that stuff!
So, we arrive in Hershey and go to eat at Red Robin. No wait at 6:45 on a Friday night! Maybe we would actually stick to the itinerary that Tracy had made up. [Her husband was the late one, so we were about a half hour behind schedule!] That was not the case. All the people that came in after us were getting their food well before us. We waited an hour for our food! Tracy, the outspoken one that she is (thank goodness), got the manager! She explained to him how we drove an hour to eat there, how we were going to miss our movie (we were planning on taking in a movie too), blah, blah, blah. She asked in her professional lingo "how are you going to rectify this situation?" Such big words. Mary, Mimi, and I had to hold in some little giggles while she was chatting with him. The manager was probably 8-10 years younger than us! I think we scared him! We thought we'd get a gift certificate for our next visit or maybe the appetizer free, well, he told us he was going to take care of our entire meal! :) Woohoo!!! Yippeeeee!!! They pretty much sucked up to us for the rest of the time we were there!
Finally, after all that, we went over to the store. So much fun! We consulted about some purchases, giggled alot plus some other things! We probably spent about an hour and a half there! They didn't have much more than what we already had, but it was fun and we managed to do some damage! For every $50 you spent, you got a ticket to win 1 of 5 Karen Foster totes that have the seat built in. Can you believe that I got home today and had a message that I won one? Made the trip even better. Now I just need to figure out when I can go and pick it up!
The topper to the night was heading down to Starbucks after we shopped. They were open for another 45 minutes and we stayed that long. Apparently we must've gotten a little loud or too giddy for them because they turned the music on loud soon after we got there and sat down with our drinks!
All in all, it was such a great night! It's always fun to get away with the gal pals minus the kids and have a jolly good time! :)
Looking forward to the next GNO!
Thursday, May 3, 2007
Tuesday, May 1, 2007
of the frame that was just a tad bigger than the picture I wanted to use. I then placed a Heidi Swapp daisy mask and alcohol inked over it, just picking it up and moving it around as I went! Turned out pretty cool, huh?