Tuesday, February 19, 2008

A college student lives here!

Big things going on here in our household!

Chris officially started his masters program yesterday! He is taking online classes to get his Master of Science in Disaster Medicine and Management! What's that you ask? It is FEMA related things. It is right up his alley!! I am so proud of him! He has been talking about this for at least a year and a half and now it is reality! I'm sure it can't be easy going back to college after being out since 1996! I can't imagine going back! I know he will do great though! He is determined and this is perfect for him!

We had a nice day yesterday. I picked up my friend Andrea and her 2 girls and we headed to an indoor playland McD's! We met up with another friend and her 2 boys and everyone had a blast!! The seemed to run off a lot of the steam that they've been accumulating this winter! Macy and Jack hit their beds hard last night!

We, of course, stopped at the LSS on the way back. Umm, yeah, the whole trip was definately for the kids! Yeah, we didn't plan the McD's around the LSS or anything! *wink*
Here are some pics of the kids outside the store!



Believe it or not, my mojo is still kicking! Here's a new layout I did yesterday with pictures from the above kid shoot!!


I also got a great email today! Simple Scrapbooks wants to publish one of my layouts in their July/August issue! I'm super excited! It will be my first time in their magazine and I just love the layout they picked!

Thanks for reading!! Have a great rest of the week!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love that 4 Little Monkeys layout ! It is awesome ! You have a great style ! Thanks for sharing !
Jenn :)

Janine Langer said...

The photos and the layouts are beautiful, way to go!! :))
Oh, and congrats on the toot, so deserved!

Karen said...

WOW Congrats to both you and Chris!!! I love the title to your layout. Did you stamp on the letters?

Wendy Reed said...

YAY, congrats Chris!!! Whoot Whoot! I am debating on going back to school full time starting next semester. Eak!!

Love the pics and that layout freakin' rocks girlie! :)

Smiles,
Wendy
www.SweetMeDesigns.etsy.com

Aimeslee Winans said...

Big congrats to you and DH both! Love the photos and the layout. Mojo! Mojo!

Anonymous said...

Yay! Yay! Yay! for the Simple Scrapbooks layout!!! You know that I am sooooo proud of you. And kudos for Cris going back to school....if anyone knows what it is like it would me me!!!

:)

Andrea

Melanie said...

Good luck to Chris! Congrats to you for the SS toot! I don't get that mag anymore so please post it when it is published. Love the 4 monkeys LO--such FUN photos!

Maryann said...

Yippie for Chris! Is he doing it online???? I love all your new pages!

Colleen said...

Congrats to Chris! Love the layout and a HUGE congrats to you too for the SS pub!!

Micayla said...

Congrats to Chris and you for the toot girl!
Love the pic, soooo dang cute!

Melonie said...

Yay Chris! Good luck with your journey.
LOVE the new LO Rachael! Glad you got to "spontaneously" stop by the lss. Looks like everyone had a fun (but of course not-planned) day;)

Nicole Carro said...

Congrats on the SS pub! Love the photos of the kids on the bench.

Elizabeth said...

Hey girl!! That's really great on the SS pub!! I love your layout and congrats to your college live-in!! :)

Andrea Amu said...

I just LOVE this lo, Rach! And congrats on SS! Awesome... you are so lucky!

Kristi Smith said...

CONGRATS! Very exciting! Love that layout, that bottom photo is hysterical.

Kimberly Crawford said...

WOW! What a superb layout! Love the photos and the title! Fantastic colors too!
You take such lovely photos!